Tips for Potty Training Your Children
Potty training can be a major milestone and an important skill for your children to learn. As a provider of child care services in Anaheim, California, we recommend that you take the training at their own pace. To assist you in your toddler’s potty training journey, we’ve created a list of tips you can follow:
- Choose the words you’re going to use for your little one’s bodily fluids. Remember not to use negative words, like stinky or dirty.
- Place the potty chair in the bathroom and encourage your child to sit on the chair with clothes on.
- Establish a simple potty schedule that your child can follow. You can do this for a few minutes to an hour. This lets your little one know that going to the toilet is a routine activity.
- Watch out for signs that your child needs to use the toilet. If you notice these cues, ask your child to sit on the potty.
- As a license home child care provider, we suggest that you shower your child with praises when they do a great job. Also, you must remember that accidents can happen so you must stay calm and prepared.
Are you looking for a preschool in Anaheim, California that can help you in potty training your kids? If so, then you’re in the right place.
At Happy Hearts Preschool and Childcare, a learning center in California, we provide special training once your child is ready to toilet train. Call us now!